The peaceful and welcoming environment of The Laurels makes it a popular aged care choice for people in the Southern Sydney area.
At The Laurels, there is a professional and highly experienced aged care team who are passionate about creating a home-like environment and delivering quality care and support services.
This lovely aged care facility wraps around a beautiful heritage home and offers private facilities for 27 aged care residents.
Some of the benefits of choosing The Laurels include:
- Single Rooms with ensuite
- In-house catering
- Emergency Call System
- Access to Allied Health Services
- 24/7 Care Staff
- GP visits
- Hairdressing & beauty services
- Activity Program
- Weekly religious services
- Shopping trips & outings
- In-house laundry services
- Respite Care
- Palliative Care
- Ageing in Place
Common areas of The Laurels are within the heritage listed home and include spacious dining and lounge areas where residents and their visitors can relax and chat, a well-stocked library and a welcoming courtyard that is the perfect spot for an al fresco catch-up with family and friends.
All bedrooms feature an en-suite, ceiling fans, television and nurse call system. Tasty and nutritious meals are planned by our aged care specialist dietitian and prepared freshly on site.
Experienced staff are on duty 24 hours per day to provide care and Podiatrists and Physiotherapists are among the allied health professionals available to the residents.
A comprehensive activities program includes bingo, reminiscence therapy, craft, pet therapy, visiting entertainers who provide music and dance, weekly religious services and bus trips. Residents can also relax and be pampered with hair and beauty services.
Staff are fully trained, experienced and are passionate about their work. All aspects of care are thoughtfully provided here at The Laurels.
With all aged care services in Australia, it is expected that you will contribute to the cost of your care if you can afford to do so. Fees associated with your care at The Laurels, Kogarah as follows:-
- Refundable Accommodation Deposit (RAD): – this is commonly referred to as the “bond” and is determined by Centrelink and based on the assessment of your income and assets. The full RAD for The Laurels is $250,000.
- Daily Fee – The daily fee for full residential aged are at UPA facilities is set at 85% of the basic pension. This is indexed by the Government and is increased twice a year, when the pension is increased.
Contact The Laurels to arrange a tour and let us “take care of your tomorrow”.
Telephone: (02) 9588 4312
45 English Street
Kogarah NSW 2217