Ascott Gardens is a comfortable and very modern “home away from home” residential aged care facility with quality inclusions providing a supportive, caring and warm environment by trained and dedicated staff.
Ascott Gardens provides 24 hour 7 day a week care to 78 Consumers, which includes a registered nurse. Each Consumer is provided with their own private room and ensuite, plus bedroom furniture and a king single sized bed with designer bed linen.
Refurbishments of Poppy and Cedar Dementia Cottages as well as the original Ascott Gardens common areas, bedrooms and 16 bathrooms were completed. Stage 3 of the refurbishments included transforming the old Westcott Lodge Wing into the Synergy Active Ageing Centre which includes the Lime Coffee Corner, a mini cinema, music room, art studio, pastoral care room, therapy room and a small gymnasium. Refurbishments increased the size of the facility from 62 beds to 78.
- Refundable Accommodation Deposit (RAD): – This is commonly referred to as the “bond” and is determined by Centrelink and based on the assessment of your income and assets. The full RAD for the new dementia cottages is $400,000.
Activities are wide and varied and planned by our full time activities officer to include daily exercises, bowls, sing-a-long mornings, bingo, craft days, Cafe’ days, visiting groups such as the extremely popular “Delta Dogs”. Free WIFI access is provided to residents and their guests.
Pampering is provided on a regular basis by a visiting hairdresser and beautician, podiatrist consultations can also be arranged.
With all aged care services in Australia, it is expected that you will contribute to the cost of your care if you can afford to do so.
Fees associated with your care at UPA Ascott Gardens, Orange are as follows:-
- Refundable Accommodation Deposit (RAD): – This is commonly referred to as the “bond” and is determined by Centrelink and based on the assessment of your income and assets. The full RAD for Ascott Gardens is $400,000.
- Daily Fee – The daily fee for full residential aged are at UPA facilities is set at 85% of the basic pension.This is indexed by the Government and is increased twice a year, when the pension is increased.
- Ascott Gardens Consumer Handbook 2019 – Download Here
- General Information for Entry as at March 2019 – Download Here
Ascott Gardens is part of the Central West Region of the United Protestant Association of New South Wales. We look forward to assisting you with accessing aged care accommodation at Ascott Gardens, Orange.
Contact details are as follows:-
83 Spring Street,
Orange NSW 2800
Tel: (02) 6362 2201
Fax: (02) 6361 4314