Fees & Charges - UPA of NSW Ltd

Fees & Charges

Understanding fees & charges in the Aged Care System

UPA operations are governed by the requirements of the Aged Care Act 1997 and the Aged Care Living Longer Living Better Act 2013. Fees and charges are those prescribed by the Department of Health required by all Residential Aged Care Facilities in Australia.

Aged Care Facilities are required to publish their bed prices on the MyAgedCare.gov.au website. Centrelink or Veterans Affairs Income and Asset Assessment Tests will determine the daily ongoing fees and charges. More information in relation to fees and charges can be gained from the MyAgedCare.gov.au website, the Department of Social Services or Centrelink.

Residents will have the choice as to how they pay the agreed accommodation price; either as a Refundable Accommodation Deposit (RAD), Daily Accommodation Payment or a combination of both (DAP).

New residents will have up to 28 days from entering care to nominate which method of payment they prefer. The Daily Accommodation Payment is paid unless and until a Refundable Accommodation Deposit (RAD) is paid.

The maximum amount of Refundable Accommodation Deposit (RAD) a resident can pay must leave the resident with at least the minimum permissible asset level.

Recurrent Fees

On-going costs are a fortnightly accommodation fee which is determined by the Department of Social Services (please ask for the currently fortnightly fee amount).

Fortnightly fees are payable 2 weeks in advance by direct debit.

All payments are made by direct debit from your nominated bank/building society account. You will need to complete the details on the direct debit form that is included in the admission package.

Help At Home

Many people would prefer to stay in their own homes as long as they possibly can. Some things however become a little harder to manage later in life but with the right care and support they can be assisted to remain as independent as possible in their own homes.

The Australian Government provides a range of services that can help you stay living in your own home, funded via the Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) or the Home Care Package (HCP) Program. People who can afford to, will be asked to contribute to the cost of their care.

UPA’s Commonwealth Home Support Client Contribution Policy is available to view and Download Here.

With a Home Care Package you receive a subsidy to fund a package of care, services and case management to meet your individual needs. You have the flexibility and choice to direct what services you receive and who delivers your care.  The Australian Government subsidy is paid directly to your chosen provider. The subsidy paid is different for each level of home care package.

There is a Fee Estimator to help you estimate the likely cost of home care fees you can expect to pay. You can also call My Aged Care on 1800 200 422 for more information about home care fees.

UPA has CHSP services and Home Care Packages across New South Wales and in Southern Queensland. Go to UPA Home Care page for further information on the fees and services available through UPA Home Care.

Power of Attorney
Financial Decisions – Residents and their representatives are encouraged to manage their own financial affairs. However, an Enduring Power of Attorney is strongly advised before the health status of an individual alters as this sometimes renders people ineligible from nominating the person of their choice to act on their behalf.

If an individual is unable to nominate an Enduring Power of Attorney due to their current level of health application is required to the Guardianship and Administration Board.

Health and Lifestyle Decisions – An Enduring Guardianship is a legal document which allows a nominated person to make health and lifestyle decisions on your behalf when you are unable to do so. The Enduring Guardian has the same powers as a parent has in relation to a child.

It is recommended that all residents nominate an Enduring Guardian so any previous wishes for care and lifestyle can be implemented. Like the Enduring Power of Attorney, the person must be appointed prior to alteration in health status.



Skip to toolbar